Dear Middle School Student:
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. Your feedback about our public schools is important to us.
Please note your first and last name OR 10-digit Student ID is required to complete the School Quality Survey (SQS). We need this information to verify your eligibility as a 7th, 8th, 9th, or 11th grader at a Hawaii Department of Education school to participate in the survey. As soon as eligibility is confirmed, your responses will be linked to a computer-generated identification number (without your name or ID number) for processing and reporting.
We would appreciate your honest responses. This is not a test, and there are no correct or incorrect answers.
Please follow the instructions below to complete the survey (or ask for assistance). Thank you.
- Click here (a new tab will open) or insert the url into your address bar: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017MiddleHigh
- Read the opening statement. Click on the “next button.”
- Enter your first and last name OR your Student ID number, grade level and name of school.
- Click on the “next button.”
- Answer the questions.
- Click on the “Done” button once to submit your responses.
- If you see the “Thank you for taking this survey” message, then you are done.
January 30, 2017
Dear Parents of AMS Students in Grade 7 and 8,
The School Quality Survey (SQS) is a DOE-administered survey that asks students, parents, teachers, administrative and office staff, and instructional support staff for their opinions of school quality. Schools may find the survey results useful for school planning, improvement, and other purposes.
Your feedback about our public schools is important to us. As a parent, this is your chance to be heard. We respectfully request a few moments of your time to complete the School Quality Survey (SQS), which will remain anonymous in order to gather honest responses.
Parents have 2 options to complete the SQS Parent survey.
Option 1: Online.
Click here or insert url into address bar. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017MiddleHighParents
Option 2: Paper Form.
Paper surveys were distribute to your child during Homeroom. Please ask your child if he/she has the paper survey.
- Use a pencil or pen and mark only one box for the multiple-choice questions. If you mark two or more answer boxes, please circle your final answer. If you do not know the answer, please leave it blank;
- Answer the statements based on your experience this year at your child’s school.
Parents/guardians may respond to one survey per child who is in grade 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 11; and
- Mail the completed forms in the enclosed pre-paid envelope no later than March 17, 2017. Due to processing deadlines, any forms received after this date cannot be guaranteed to be included in the DOE’s final report.
If you have questions about this survey, please contact us via e-mail at SQS@notes.k12.hi.us , or by calling (808) 733-4088 from 7:45 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Neighbor island parents may call toll-free at (855) 276 – 5801.
Thank you for your support and for helping to improve our public schools.